12/11/2015

Another Book, Another Movie

You know, I'm so easily attached to movies and books. I'll be the one who'll be stuck in the atmosphere and cope with after-taste HOURS after it ends... Ini adalah alasan paling utama mengapa saya menolak keras untuk mendekati film-film bergenre horor. Sebelum nonton udah paranoid, saat nonton I will surely freak out, dan setelah itu I guarantee you, I will be scared as hell towards every little thing. True fact: I once refuse to sleep in my bedroom, and I ended sleeping in the sofa at the living room for 2 months after I watch Paranormal Activity 3. And I still have a hard time falling asleep because every little sound makes me anxious.

So here I am, with puffy eyes, saying to you dear readers that The Judge is one of the film that will make your feelings caught up to an extreme-tense emotion ride. I praise Robert Downey Jr for his incredible acting talent, he captured and presented the character very well (not surprised) (let me have a moment to fangirl) AAAKKK!

Couldn't neglect the performance of Robert Duvall, he did amazing too! This duo gives you chills when they are on screen in the same scene.


"I looked at you and I saw him."


And how does it feel, Hank? Knowing that every client you represent is guilty?

It's fine. Innocent people can't afford me.

Speaking of tense, I finished reading The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige and the story is getting more and more formidable as the page turns, thumbs up for the author for giving the readers a surreal adventurous yet delightful story of Oz. Specifically, the story of Oz when the wicked one is Dorothy Gale. Oh how I love unexpected alternatives of well known stories. Bagi yang suka series fiction yang magical and violent at the same time, this series is a perfect fit for you!


Ini adalah novel trilogi tentang seorang gadis dari Kansas, Amy Gumm yang terseret tornado menuju negeri penuh magis, Oz. But Oz is not as wonderful as she imagine. It turns out that... Dorothy Gale, gadis Kansas--yang dulu membebaskan Oz dari penyihir jahat, membantu Singa mendapatkan keberaniannya, Scarecrow mendapatkan otaknya dan Tin-woodman dengan hatinya, sekarang menjadi penguasa jahat di negeri Oz yang hobi menyiksa dan membunuh penduduk Oz, mengambil semua magis dari tanah Oz dan mematenkan diri menjadi ratu Oz untuk selama-lamanya. Whoah. Childhood ruined.

Dan Amy Gumm yang entah dengan kekuatan apa dikirim semesta menuju Oz, dipercaya oleh para penduduk Oz menjadi satu satunya lawan yang sebanding untuk mengalahkan Dorothy, because they came from the same place, experienced the same environment, and have similar thinking ways. They're both Kansas Girls.

I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero.
But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado - taking you with it - you have no choice but to go along, you know?
Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little bluebirds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still a yellow brick road - but even that's crumbling.
What happened? Dorothy.
My name is Amy Gumm - and I'm the other girl from Kansas.
I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked, and I've been given a mission:
REMOVE The Tin Woodman's Heart
STEAL The Scarecrow's Brain
TAKE The Lion's Courage
And then,
DOROTHY MUST DIE

Quite convincing, huh? The third one, Yellow Brick War is coming out at March 2016, I can't wait to know the end, I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic one! Salah satu aspek yang menarik buat diperhatikan adalah character development tokoh-tokoh yang ada di dalam cerita. Mereka semua berkembang dan merespon setiap tahapan plot dengan caranya masing-masing, mendapatkan impact dari semua kejadian, bertubi-tubi dipaksa mendewasa dengan konflik yang tercipta. It's interesting, how they grow, develop, and finally create themselves in the way that they wanted to be.

from Pinterest.


And woah, it's December already.
2015 for me is about puffy eyes, coffee, struggles, and growing up.
2015 itu soal usaha dan perjuangan yang tetap diteruskan walau lelah menggelayut, soal motivasi, cita-cita dan tanggungjawab yang selalu memacu ketika langkah hendak berhenti, tentang kekacauan dan distorsi yang menjadi upah atas jerih payahmu selama ini. And a decrease of self esteem to zero because someone made it clear that often you're not worthy of their time. lol.
A little bit frustrating, I know. And lots of learning, I admit.

And I promise myself I'll take care myself better, by pushing myself hard today so I'll make it in the future. By doing what's right so I'll have no regrets. By eating healthy because my body deserves it after all the hard work of keeping me alive lol. By learning to get up when love is no longer served on the table. By speaking up things that disturb me. By praying often, because I know God is the only savior that I have.
By taking steps, either big or small, as long as it is meaningful and towards to the better change.

I cannot promise a joyful-no sadness ride, but I can promise myself a worthy year ahead. And you should too :)

Have a great holiday people! cheers! :D

No comments: